The Innovating Justice Challenge 2022
GROW YOUR GAME-CHANGING JUSTICE INNOVATION INTO AN IMPACTFUL BUSINESS
Applications for our Innovating Justice Challenge 2022 are now closed. Sign up to our newsletter to stay tuned to developments on the 2022 Challenge, and find out when the applications to the 2023 Challenge will open.
Selection and acceleration process
The selection processes includes online interviews to be held in May 2022.
The programme kicks off in June 2022, and the Demo Day is in February 2023.
Demo Day 2022: Concluding the Innovating Justice Challenge 2021
During Demo Day, innovators present unique solutions for addressing the justice gap in their respective countries and communities.
The competition is an opportunity for learning and interaction between coaches, alumni, and a global network of Gamechangers reimagining the justice sector in hotspots around the world.
On Wednesday, 16 February 2022, HiiL’s Justice Accelerator brought 16 startups from Africa, Ukraine and the Middle East to showcase their justice innovations, concluding the Innovating Justice Challenge 2021.
Watch the recap.
What do we offer?
HiiL’s Justice Accelerator offers you a 4-month long programme that provides you with:
- €10,000 non-equity funding.
- Full training program delivered by industry specialists: business growth, marketing, team & leadership, impact measurement and much more.
- Coaching sessions and mentorship on topics of your choice.
- Access to HiiL’s global network of justice leaders, legal tech organisations and top level researchers.
- International exposure and potential investment opportunities.
- Chance to win up to €20.000 at Demo Day 2023.
In 2022, the #Gamechangers we are looking for are:
For-profit and non-profit startups from MENA (Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan & Lebanon), East Africa (Kenya, Rwanda, Ethiopia) and West Africa (Nigeria) who have:
- people-centred solutions that prevent or resolve justice problems*.
- a functioning product with some traction (number of users, revenue, etc.) indicating proof of customer demand. Startups in earlier stages are encouraged to contact their respective regional innovation hubs to find out about our ideation and incubation programmes.
- a strong team of founder(s).
- a sustainability and revenue model
* Check our Dashboard for the most pressing justice problems in your country or region.
Do you want to learn about the startups in our portfolio?
Nigeria / Financial inclusion
Bankly is a savings and cash digitisation platform that allows its customers to save up for emergencies through an agent network while protecting them from fraud and theft.
Want to learn more about our Justice Accelerator programme?