Join our team
HiiL employs law and business professionals from all over the world. Currently, we are 20+ employees and a mix of 20 different nationalities. We are an equal opportunity and an international employer. We are interested in talents with an international mindset from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds to strengthen our working team.
If this sounds like something you would appreciate, join our international and dynamic team!
INTERNSHIP IN JUSTICE TRANSFORMATION
Are you passionate about justice? Are you convinced that commitment to a common goal, and cooperation are key? Do you get excited when a diverse group of leaders comes together around a complex justice challenge? Then, interning at our Justice Transformation Team offers you great learning opportunities.
- Conduct background research
- Draft and review meeting reports, briefings and other information materials for our target groups
- Support in organising and planning meetings, conferences and workshops
- Assist the team in grant acquisition
- Liaise with team members and external partners
- You are a strong communicator who uses words wisely, both verbally and in writing
- You have proven political awareness and cultural sensitivity
- You have solid research and analytical skills
- You are proactive, result-oriented and have a hands-on attitude
- You are a Master student in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Studies, Development Studies, Business Studies or equivalent
- You are eager to learn and accelerate your interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Full professional proficiency in English is a must, speaking French and/or Arabic are a plus
- Previous work experience in a comparable, international and/or political environment is a plus
- You will become part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our institution
- We are offering a 32-hour internship for a period of 6 months
- 210, – EUR per month
- Travel expenses covered up to 100, – EUR
- Starting date between October and March
JUSTICE ACCELERATOR MANAGER
To achieve our goal, we aim to grow internationally based on sustainable funding models. In this position, you get the challenging tasks to create the sustainable Justice Hub model, based on HiiL’s experience gained in the past 4 years and you are responsible for the East Africa region. Your business experience in combination with a legal background is a perfect mix to achieve our goal. You become part of the Justice Accelerator Team and report directly to its Director.
- Develop and implement a sustainable franchise model for justice innovation hubs in priority countries
- Support the local team in selecting and supporting justice innovators, with a focus on East Africa (Kenya, Uganda)
- Guide innovators with business knowledge to support their growth (portfolio management), as well as in growing and tracking their impact
- Guide the local team in building the HiiL network and brand
Our new colleague:
- Has +15 years of experience in building or guiding businesses, or developing innovations (in the justice sector preferably)
- Has a degree in Law
- Is an entrepreneur with a passion for delivering social impact
- Has in depth knowledge of the justice sector
- Knows East Africa extensively, having lived in either Kenya or Uganda is preferred
- Takes action! Eager to challenge old assumptions, discovers and accelerates the boundaries of new possibilities
- But is also someone who builds bridges and can gain trust of the justice sector
- Is a team player, experienced in managing a team from abroad
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is strong on the business bottom line, result oriented and hands on
- Starting date: 1st of December, 2018
- The role will require you to travel frequently to Africa
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- You are based in The Hague
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Will you join us? Please apply before 19th October and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in one of the core roles, please send your application package, consisting of your CV and a motivation letter to HiiL: firstname.lastname@example.org. If your application package is not complete, it will not be taken into consideration.
Do you want to do an internship with us?
To qualify for an internship you should be enrolled in a educational institution for the duration of the internship period. Our Internship Programmes are a minimum of 5 months and maximum of 12 months.
To apply for an internship, please send your Internship Application Form (outlining required application documents) to HiiL at email@example.com. If your Internship Application Form is not filled in completely, your application will not be taken into consideration. Some organisational information (especially for international students) are outlined in our Information Guide.