Join our team
HiiL employs law and business professionals from all over the world. Currently, we are 20+ employees and a mix of 20 different nationalities. We are an equal opportunity and an international employer. We are interested in talents with an international mindset from diverse cultural and professional backgrounds to strengthen our working team.
If this sounds like something you would appreciate, join our international and dynamic team!
HiiL is the perfect employer for a both creative and strategic thinker with a hands-on mentality who does not only invent but also implement ideas.
We are opening a position that offers the right candidate a lot of possibilities to create his/her own job. HiiL is transforming and we have to elevate the PR & Communication to a next level. Therefore, we are searching for a senior PR & Communications professional.
The PR manager will be responsible for implementing the organization’s communication strategy to its reputation with the public, the media, employees and stakeholders. Roll’s-out public relations programs, activities, campaigns, events, and promotional materials in collaboration with the team. The new Manager can coach the organization to optimize their interactions with (online) external media. Handles complex enquiries from the public, media and/or other interested parties to ensure that all communications are consistent, accurate and appropriate.
- Build a thought leadership position for the HiiL institution with relevant stakeholders
- Build an international media relations network with relevant channels
- Translate the HiiL proposition, mission, vision into a communication strategy for all communication channels
- Improve communication team’s workflow and be an inspiring coach for your team
- Collaborate with internal and external (international) teams on projects and reports
- Communicate appearances of CEO and other HiiL directors at international events
- Build and protect the brand equity and HiiL reputation, both off- and online
- Alignment of the fundraising and communication strategy to optimize the funding and ensure that all communication is in line with the company strategy and values
- Directly reports to the CEO
The Communication team handles creative design and development of branded collateral, various communication materials and social media campaigns. An experienced Graphic Designer and Social Media intern make up your team. Just like other HiiL colleague’s, they are self-starters with a hands-on mentality and are used to take ownership. Creating valuable and meaningful output is the goal for each task they are completing. They are proud of the organization and its goals and want to provide to its success. The team holds an ambitious, positive mentality. The culture is open, informal and high on quality.
Our new colleague:
- Has 6-8 years of work experience in Public Relations & Communications
- Has proven experience in establishing sustainable Media Relations
- Has proven experience in targeting diverse audiences
- Had supervisory functions in the past
- Is confident in copy writing and story telling
- Does cherish teamwork, motivation & team development
- Has a BA/MA degree in Communications or similar
- We are offering a part-time position (24 hours)
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- HiiL is located in The Hague Humanity Hub
- 5 minutes walking distance to The Hague Central Station
To achieve our goal, we aim to grow internationally based on sustainable funding models. In this position, you get the challenging tasks to create the sustainable Justice Hub model, based on HiiL’s experience gained in the past 4 years and you are responsible for the East Africa region. Your business experience in combination with a legal background is a perfect mix to achieve our goal. You become part of the Justice Accelerator Team and report directly to its Director.
- Develop and implement a sustainable franchise model for justice innovation hubs in priority countries
- Support the local team in selecting and supporting justice innovators, with a focus on East Africa (Kenya, Uganda)
- Guide innovators with business knowledge to support their growth (portfolio management), as well as in growing and tracking their impact
- Guide the local team in building the HiiL network and brand
Our new colleague:
- Has +15 years of experience in building or guiding businesses, or developing innovations (in the justice sector preferably)
- Has a degree in Law
- Is an entrepreneur with a passion for delivering social impact
- Has in depth knowledge of the justice sector
- Knows East Africa extensively, having lived in either Kenya or Uganda is preferred
- Takes action! Eager to challenge old assumptions, discovers and accelerates the boundaries of new possibilities
- But is also someone who builds bridges and can gain trust of the justice sector
- Is a team player, experienced in managing a team from abroad
- Is an excellent communicator
- Is strong on the business bottom line, result oriented and hands on
- Starting date: 1st of December, 2018
- The role will require you to travel frequently to Africa
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- You are based in The Hague
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Will you join us? Please apply before 19th October and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Are you an entrepreneur with a heart for social justice? Do you have experience in setting up new businesses, mentoring start-ups and creating a community? Do you get excited by being a first mover in a conservative sector? Then this role may be right for you!
We are looking for an agent to set up a Innovating Justice Hub in West Africa. As a HiiL local partner in Nigeria, the Innovating Justice Agent will develop a regional infrastructure that can operate and develop the Justice Accelerator: finding and selecting entrepreneurs, incubating them locally and growing them to scale – in collaboration with the team in The Hague, the Netherlands. Moreover, the Hub will have to develop and generate its own partnerships and sales, leading to a self-sustainable entity in three years.
- Establish and develop a local presence for HiiL that can sustain itself beyond 3 years without HiiLs HQ financial support.
- Grow a local community of innovators that have scalable and sustainable funding models with an impact on preventing or resolving justice problems.
- Find, select and support justice innovations such that they are able to reach scale and impact over 50.000 direct users. Coordinate acceleration activities in Nigeria and West Africa, ensuring each cohort has access to efficient and effective business development support, such as mentorship, training and the like.
- Connect innovators to justice sector policy makers and justice leaders that may lead to transformative change.
- Grow and develop HiiL’s partnerships and brand in the region; and make people more aware of the need for innovation in the justice sector.
- Collaborate with Uganda, Kenya, South Africa and other HiiL hubs to develop cross-country/continent partnerships and support peer-to-peer exchanges among justice startups.
Our new agent:
- Hold a degree in the fields of Business (MBA/BBA), Law (LLM/LLB), Economics, Development Studies, Politics, Entrepreneurship, IT/Engineering, or other relevant field
- If Law is not a major degree held, then some experience with working with the legal sector should be demonstrated.
- Has min. 7 years of professional experience in entrepreneurship (running businesses), mentoring startups, working on legal innovation, or any other relevant experience.
- Has previous experience in setting up (sustainable) businesses, entities or social enterprises is required (we’re looking for serial entrepreneurs).
- Has managerial experience with recruiting and leading a team of (at least) 3 people.
- Established a strong network in Nigeria’s innovation/start-up ecosystem and/or with the Nigerian justice sector.
- Has knowledge of English (excellent) is required. Knowledge of French (proficient) is a big advantage. Knowledge of other Nigerian languages is also preferable.
- Is based in Lagos; and eligible to work in Nigeria (if not a national then in possession of a working permit for Nigeria).
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- 7-month assignment
- Flexible working hours
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Please send a CV and a one-page letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
- For information on the HiiL Justice Accelerator (the team to which this position belongs) visit www.innovatingjustice.com.
Are you passionate about justice? Are you convinced that commitment to a common goal, and cooperation are key? Do you get excited when a diverse group of leaders comes together around a complex justice challenge? Then, interning at our Justice Transformation Team offers you great learning opportunities.
- Conduct background research
- Draft and review meeting reports, briefings and other information materials for our target groups
- Support in organising and planning meetings, conferences and workshops
- Assist the team in grant acquisition
- Liaise with team members and external partners
- You are a strong communicator who uses words wisely, both verbally and in writing
- You have proven political awareness and cultural sensitivity
- You have solid research and analytical skills
- You are proactive, result-oriented and have a hands-on attitude
- You are a Master student in Law, International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Studies, Development Studies, Business Studies or equivalent
- You are eager to learn and accelerate your interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Full professional proficiency in English is a must, speaking French and/or Arabic are a plus
- Previous work experience in a comparable, international and/or political environment is a plus
- You will become part of an international and multidisciplinary team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our institution
- We are offering a 32-hour internship for a period of 6 months
- 210, – EUR per month
- Travel expenses covered up to 100, – EUR
- Starting date between October and March
Interested in joining our team?
If you are interested in one of the core roles, please send your application package, consisting of your CV and a motivation letter to HiiL: email@example.com. If your application package is not complete, it will not be taken into consideration.
Do you want to do an internship with us?
To qualify for an internship you should be enrolled in a educational institution for the duration of the internship period. Our Internship Programmes are a minimum of 5 months and maximum of 12 months.
To apply for an internship, please send your Internship Application Form (outlining required application documents) to HiiL at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your Internship Application Form is not filled in completely, your application will not be taken into consideration. Some organisational information (especially for international students) are outlined in our Information Guide.