Following a successful first Regional Final in Johannesburg on 4th of September, the next two Innovating Justice Conferences are about to take off in Nairobi and Lagos on September 21st! Our finalists are ready to pitch and present their justice innovations to the audience. A jury will select the best pitches and a winner, who will qualify to join HiiL’s Justice Accelerator program. It promises to be a tough competition because the level of the finalists is extremely high.
Meet our innovators:
- In4Justice: In4Justice provides speedy and easily accessible settlement of small claims disputes.
- FarmworkerzApp: FarmworkerzApp seeks to connect vetted farm-hands to potential farms for hiring anytime, anywhere to eliminate service/employment injustice and conflicts between workers and farm owners.
- Legal Support LITE: Legal Support LITE (LSL) is a USSD and IVR based solution that provides free, efficient and custom made legal advice to SMEs.
- Gavel: Gavel is a civic tech start-up that tracks (criminal) cases, police brutality complaints, and connects the victims with free legal aid lawyers using tech.
- #NoMore (nomore.ng): #NoMore is an app that will enable females students at Nigerian university campuses to securely report cases of sexual harassment, rape or abuse.
- Fix Solution: An all-in-one digital crime records management application which serves to improve judicial service delivery through the whole justice chain.
- HeLawyer: HeLawyer is a mobile app specializing in legal advice. It provides citizens, legal information and legal advice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Btrack Global: Btrack Global enables motorcyclists to track their motorcycles through the use of phones, to make them easily recoverable after they have been stolen.
- Uliza Wakili LLP: Uliza Wakili LLP provides cheap means of alternative dispute resolution to SMEs and startups.
- Wakili Mkononi: Wakili Mkononi is a social enterprise, that offers legal aid services and legal networking services on a digital platform.
- WASILIANAHUB: WASILIANAHUB is the first collaborative online & mobile tech-justice marketplace, building Africa’s largest Certified Professional Mediators portal for the advancement of Africa’s mediation practice. Professional help is ensured, helping to save time, money & heartache.
- iCourtroom: iCourtroom acts as a repository of wildlife crime data, tailored to do analysis of the cases and serves as a measure of law enforcement efficacy.
- Viamo: Viamo is developing information on access to justice that will be made available on demand in pre-recorded audio and text, on a toll-free mobile service under the shortcode 845, supported by MTN.
- Nusu Hub: Jumuiya Attorney is a marketplace that enables people from low income and rural areas to hire legal professionals, all of whom are pre-screened and vetted.
These two major, unique events in both locations will bring together a large number of high-level key note speakers from the justice sector, government, academia and the private sector. A great opportunity to network, discuss, learn from past experiences and share best practices.
The Lagos Innovating Justice Conference is completely sold out, but we will post regular updates here and on twitter #LIJC and #innovatingjustice. There are limited seats available for the Nairobi Innovating Justice Conference but tickets are selling out fast! Register here if you would still like to attend. Keep an eye on this website for more updates on the Innovating Justice Conferences.