HiiL has developed data-driven, multi-stakeholder processes that help Justice Leaders develop Justice Innovation Strategies. We call it our Justice Transformation Labs. The strategies we produce in these Labs are citizen-centered and outcome driven and built for system change and innovation. We are looking for a brave, bridge-building, innovation-driven, and analytically sharp colleague to strengthen our Justice Transformation Team. Are you a results driven people manager, a top level diplomat, entrepreneur, transformation expert, idealist, realist, and well-grounded person in one? Do you want to work in a cutting edge field that is developing fast?
The person we are looking for will manage and lead Justice Transformation Labs in Europe and the US. Real Justice Transformation requires diverse coalitions and a shared commitment to implement impactful solutions. As Justice Transformation Lead for Europe and the US you manage Justice Transformation processes for several Countries in Europe and the US. The first country in Europe to start are The Netherlands. You manage the HiL Justice Transformation experts in-country, and you support them in addressing systemic challenges to deliver user-friendly justice.
- Responsible for high quality implementation and delivery of multiple country transformation processes
- Ensures that a diverse stakeholder team is involved which produces a justice innovation strategy and support them at the strategic and political levels
- Contributes to learning, methodology and strategy development.
- Leads the team – including the colleagues working in the country in question
- Ensures extensive stakeholder mapping, coordinating the required research needs and analysis so we know who we need to involve and why
- Connects to and engage with those stakeholders: people, institutions, networks, at all levels
- Understand political and personal factors that determine positions that people take
- Keep abreast of all relevant political and legal developments regarding the countries where we run such Labs
- Cooperate and coordinate with our knowledge and innovation teams to ensure that the Lab process is fed with relevant data, knowledge, and innovations
- Contribute to building ownership and enhancing cooperation between different justice stakeholders and institutions: government institutions, justice leaders, legal experts, international organisations, innovators, development organisations, civil society organisations, and the private sector
- Liaise with funding and strategic partners, and support reporting and fundraising efforts
- Align in-country work with internal programme management processes and tools
- Develop content for proposals and reports/contribute to designing programme
Our new colleague:
- Has a Master’s degree and 8+ years experience in relevant field (e.g. law, politics, economics, business, international relations, international development studies, conflict studies)
- Has proven experience in managing multiple country programs
- Possess strong leadership skills, knows how to manage teams from distance
- Is a strong process manager, results oriented, able to manage a variety of tasks and people and complete complex projects successfully
- Has a passion for the justice sector and profound knowledge of strategy making in the public sector and, ideally, the justice sector
- Is able to deeply listen and build trust with a broad range of actors
- Has political awareness, -sensitivity, -astuteness, and -courage where needed
- Is at ease with working on challenging environments in processes with high levels of information security and a need to manage team and personal security well
- Has excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills. Highly developed cultural sensitivity. Is modest.
- Has good analytical skills. Thinks fast, is able to assess and analyse fast, does not get lost in complexity
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- Is a team player, independent, hands-on and a strong sense of responsibility
- Flexibility, ability and willingness to travel frequently to the areas where you work, first mainly The Netherlands, later other parts of Europe and/or the US.
- Profound knowledge and/or working experience within the Justice Landscape in The Netherlands and preferable other European Countries or the US
We offer you:
- An organizational culture where motivation prevails; the work that we do is meaningful and contributes to changing people’s lives
- An environment that is bound to further improve your professional skills
- Starting date: asap
- We are offering a full-time position with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
Are you the Justice Transformator we need? Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter latest 19 February 2020.
Please click here to upload your CV and Motivation Letter.