We are looking for an experienced Director of Support Services, who will steer HiiL in making the growth transition and put in place the necessary structures, processes, and culture to make it happen. Soon, HiiL will become a mid-sized social enterprise operating internationally in various countries and partnerships, the strengthening of the professionalism of HiiL becomes a vital element.
The internal need to specialize knowledge, develop competencies, set values and preach accountability is now an imperative and therefore part of this role. He/she will work closely with the CEO.
He/she will supervise the following departments:
• Finance & Reporting
Run Budget Cycle; Financial Reporting (weekly/monthly); Project Reporting (weekly/monthly); Approval project budgets; Project landing forecast reporting; Annual audit, purchases and invoices, cashflow etc.
Manage the HiiL staff resource base; Procedures; Recruitment; Onboarding; Retention; Absenteeism; Out Counseling; Talent and Succession Management, People Development, Performance and Reward Management; Organizational Development
Based on project proposals and budgets allocate resources; Manage resource availability and productivity; Pro-actively manage overall resource levels and capability availability
• Process Excellence & IT
Map HiiL best-in-class processes; Anchor the HiiL way of working; Source and develop tools and IT systems
Knowledge sharing processes & procedures
Manage the HiiL communication message (internal and external, off and online)
Conduct proactive risk assessments; Provide staff with security advise; Ensure staff security
The ideal candidate is a true professional in his/her areas of responsibility. He/she has proven successful change experience in a complex, international and above all professional organization. Experience in the sector is a plus but not a must. In fact, expertise in more business orientated companies can be a benefit.
In combination with the above mentioned, the personality of the candidate is the most important factor. He/she has to match with the HiiL culture, where change is a must, but always with respect towards the heritage and ideology of the organization.
- Educated to degree level (preferably economics, business or HRM) or equivalent
- Has 10+ years of proven experience, with combined Financial and HR responsibilities
- Has experience in contributing to the Management Team
- Proven experience in guiding Support Staff in the transition from a small business to a mid-sized company
- IT savvy
- Having worked in an environment servicing various international stakeholders is a plus
- Having worked in international and dynamic environments is a plus
- Excellent English is a must and a good understanding of French is a plus
- Is a team-player who actively collaborates with others on completing tasks
- Offers active participation and shows active personal involvement to the Support Teams
- Has the maturity and ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Has leadership and team building skills as well as a high level of ethics and integrity
- Has a clear motivation for supporting the user-friendly justice innovations of HiiL
- Strategically skilled with the ability to switch from the overall perspective to details when needed, with a clear eye for the distinction between ‘must haves’ and ‘nice to haves
- Loves to solve problems and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Is adaptive and open to change, always seeking opportunities to innovate and to creatively improve structures and processes
- Is adventurous and interested in travelling to unstable countries
- Is self-motivated and pragmatic
- High energy level, proactive, result driven
- Excellent people manager and team player
Candidates considering part time working (4 days/week) are preferred and welcome to apply.