CrimeSync, LawPadi, Haqdarshak and many more…
Next to each of these successful justice innovations stands an engaged and dedicated team that helps them scale-up their business and eventually increase their social impact: The HiiL Justice Accelerator Team.
The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law (HiiL) is looking for a new Director of its Justice Accelerator Team, who puts the 2020-2022 strategy into practice and actively manages the international team.
The Justice Accelerator is one of HiiL’s main efforts to contribute to realizing SDG16.3 (access to justice for all). Developed over the past 6 years, the Justice Accelerator relies on the creativity and endurance of local (social) entrepreneurs who have come up with innovative solutions to prevent or resolve the most pressing justice problems in their country. The Accelerator selects the best justice entrepreneurs and offers them a tailored accelerator programme that takes into account the particularities of the justice sector.
In the next 2 years, HiiL will be setting up 4 new Justice Accelerator Hubs: in Nairobi (for East Africa), Johannesburg (for Southerns Africa), Lagos (for West Africa) and Tunis (for Northern Africa and the MENA region). Thus, this position is only suited for hands-on and results-driven applicants.
You will lead the team that is tasked to:
- Set up 4 new, sustainable Justice Accelerator Hubs in Africa in the next 2 years, based on a social franchise model;.
- Ensure the delivery and further improvement of an acceleration program that leads to a strong pipeline of Justice innovations that can be linked to impact investors.
- Support the development of a global community of justice entrepreneurs, investors, and justice providers around HiiL.
- Position the Justice Accelerator well within the alliance of partners that is working on realizing SDG16.3 as part of the Task Force on Justice and Pathfinders process.
- Co-develop the setting up of a Justice Innovation Growth Facility for investment in the most promising innovations and help the Business Development Team attract impact investors.
- Secure and support on multi-year contracts with big clients.
- Lead and develop a talented international team.
- Continuously work on improving the Accelerator program, as part of the wider strategic objective of HiiL to constantly learn and improve.
Our new colleague:
- Has 10-15 years of experience in building and guiding startups or businesses.
- Has proven experience in developing a program for start-ups to become scale-ups.
- Has 10+ years in managing an international team (4 international team members in The Hague and 6 across Africa/Ukraine).
- Leads by example and develops the team .
- Has knowledge of emerging innovative markets and ecosystems.
- Has knowledge of justice systems, access to justice, conflict resolution or other major public policy areas such as health and education.
- Has a drive for social impact.
- Has a strong (international) network in startup, investment, technology, and/or accelerator program communities.
- Has strong communication skills that facilitate collaboration with people at all levels.
- Has a high level of ethics and integrity.
- Enjoys solving problems and can easily adapt to changing priorities and needs.
- Excellent English and working level of French are a must. Arabic is a plus.
- Is adventurous and does not object to travel to unstable countries in Africa and the Middle East.
We offer you:
- A unique opportunity to be part of the leadership team of a social enterprise that is changing the way people think about justice delivery.
- A chance to lead the fantastic Justice Accelerator team to unprecedented growth.
- A compatible salary
- The opportunity to capitalize on your entrepreneurial mindset and grow professionally.
- You report to the CEO.
- Application deadline: We are recruiting on a rolling basis, but latest September 20, 2019.
- Starting date: December 2019. Earlier starting date is preferred.
- We are offering a full-time position with the aim of building a long-term work relationship.
- You will be based in The Hague.
- Our 4 core values: We embrace diversity! We are real! We are entrepreneurial! We are people-centred! Do/Are you?
Apply now and do not forget to upload your motivation letter.
Any questions? Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org