We are looking for a Country Representative for a Justice Transformation process in Nigeria. Location can be Lagos or Abuja.
HiiL has developed data-driven, multi-stakeholder processes that help justice leaders develop justice innovation strategies. We call it our Justice Transformation Labs. The strategies we produce in these Labs are citizen-centred and outcome driven and built for system change and innovation. The person we are looking for will work with the Justice Transformation Team to lead an innovation process in Nigeria. Real justice transformation requires diverse coalitions and a shared commitment to implement impactful solutions. As the Country Representative, you will help make real change possible by bringing together justice leaders and experts around a system challenge to deliver user-friendly justice. This entails utilizing the results of HiiL’s Justice Needs and Satisfaction study in Nigeria. You help them define what dealing with that challenge would look like. You build the personal trust and commitment that is needed to solve it. You help strengthen these efforts through innovation and develop them into an implementable innovation strategy.
Do you have strong diplomatic skills and are you an excellent source of contacts within different stakeholders and institutions? Do you have profound knowledge of the justice sector landscape? Are you passionate about innovation? Can you identify opportunities, lower the barriers and translate our way of working to local needs and customs? If your answer to these questions is “yes”- then we are searching for you.
- In coordination with the Transformation Lead who is based in The Hague, you manage the overall program execution on the ground, including meeting the promised deliverable.
- Conduct extensive stakeholder mapping, coordinating the required research and analysis so we know who we need to involve and why.
- Lead and build an effective coalition around justice innovation for various justice needs (i.e. in the fields of family justice, land disputes, employment issues and crime).
- Act as a point of contact for The Hague office and Nigeria stakeholders.
- Keep abreast of all relevant political and legal developments in Nigeria.
- Understand the political and personal factors that determine the positions that people take.
- Contribute to building ownership and enhancing cooperation between different justice stakeholders and institutions: government institutions, justice leaders, legal experts, international organisations, innovators, development organisations, civil society organisations, and the private sector.
- Liaise with funding and strategic partners, and support reporting and fundraising efforts.
- Facilitate Stakeholder Dialogues to develop a Justice Innovation Strategy.
- Coordinate with the HiiL Measuring Justice Team to ensure the availability of updated and relevant user-based data.
Our new colleague:
- Has 8+ years of proven experience in international cooperation, social entrepreneurship, governmental and non-governmental organisations, in teams with local and international professionals.
- Has a proven track record in managing programs meeting time, cost, and quality constraints.
- Holds an advanced education degree in the relevant field (e.g. law, politics, economics, international relations, international development studies, conflict studies).
- Has proven experience in leading and facilitating multi-stakeholder processes. A passion for the justice sector and profound knowledge of strategy making in the public sector and, ideally, the justice sector.
- Has an outgoing personality with good interpersonal skills.
- Is results oriented, focused and structured.
- Is a leader and can build a team from scratch.
- A strong interest in data, technology, entrepreneurship and innovation is required.
- Willingness to travel throughout the country and to HiiL headquarters, as required.
- Is disciplined, resilient, and positive under pressure.
- Is fluent in English.
- Holds Nigerian Nationality.
- Starting date: August/September
- We are offering a full-time position with the aim of building long-term work relationships
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being entrepreneurial, adaptable and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation
Are you the Justice Transformator we need? Please apply June 28! Don’t forget to upload your CV and motivation letter. Incomplete applications are not considered.
We are selecting on a rolling basis!