Are you an entrepreneur with a heart for social justice? Do you have experience in setting up new businesses, mentoring start-ups and creating a community? Do you get excited by being a first mover in a conservative sector? Then this role may be right for you!
We are looking for an agent to set up and develop an Innovating Justice Hub in the MENA region. The Innovating Justice Agent will develop a regional infrastructure that can operate and develop the Justice Accelerator: finding and selecting entrepreneurs, incubating them locally and growing them to scale – in collaboration with the team in The Hague, the Netherlands.
- Establishes and develops a local presence for HiiL
- Grows and develops HiiL’s partnerships and brand in the region; and make people more aware of the need for innovation in the justice sector
- Finds, selects and supports justice innovations such that they are able to make scalable impact and scale.
- Coordinates acceleration activities in the region, ensuring each cohort has access to efficient and effective business development support, such as mentorship, training and the like.
- Grows a local community of innovators that have scalable and sustainable funding models with an impact on preventing or resolving justice problems.
- Connects innovators to justice sector stakeholders as well as those in the impact, startup and investment space.
- Collaborates with HiiL’s hubs in East Africa, South Africa and West Africa to develop cross-continent partnerships and support peer-to-peer exchanges among justice startups
- Run successful Justice Innovation Challenges that attract at least 100 applications annually in the region
- Select and incubate the most promising justice innovators so they grow and scale
- Establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with incubators/accelerators, investors and judicial stakeholders
- Organise regular events that grow the community and raise awareness about justice
- Degree in the fields of Business (MBA/BBA), Law (LLM/LLB), Economics, Development Studies, Politics, Entrepreneurship, IT/Engineering, or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated experience in working in the justice sector
- Min. 7 years of professional experience in entrepreneurship (running businesses), mentoring startups, working on legal innovation, or any other relevant experience
- Previous experience in setting up businesses, entities or social enterprises is required (we’re ideally looking for serial entrepreneurs)
- Result oriented
- Driven by impact/doing good is a must
- A strong network in Tunisia and ideally in the region’s innovation/startup/impact ecosystem and justice sector
- Fluent in English, Arabic and French
- Based in Tunis, and eligible to work in Tunisia (if not a Tunisian national, then in possession of a working permit for Tunisia)
We offer you:
- An organisational culture where motivation prevails; the work that we do is meaningful and contributes to changing people’s lives
- The opportunity to capitalize on your entrepreneurial spirit and grow professionally
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- You work closely with and report to the Accelerator Programme Manager based in The Hague
- Application deadline: asap, we are recruiting on a rolling basis
- Starting date: December 2019
- This is a part-time position and requires a commitment of min. 2 days a week.
Apply now and don’t forget to upload your motivation letter.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Acquisition on the basis of this advert is not appreciated.