By 2030, 150 million people are able to prevent or resolve their most pressing justice problems. Do you want to join us on our mission?
HiiL, a social enterprise that works to enhance access to justice through innovation, is looking for a Financial Controller based in The Hague.
As our Controller you are the Financial Expert of the organisation. You will manage all Financial data and transfer this into information that inspires internal decision making. You will also ensure that Finance systems are in place to support the programme implementation in the countries in which HiiL works.
Can you shift readily between the ‘big picture’ and the ‘small-but-crucial details’? Do you enjoy working under pressure and are you comfortable with change and complexity in a very dynamic international environment? Are you familiar with the public sector and social innovation? If your answer to these questions is “yes”, then it is you we are looking for!
- sets and maintains a proper financial control framework for HiiL
- prepares and provides periodic Financial performance reports
- coordinates and improves the financial planning and reporting cycle
- ensures the delivery and coordination of the monthly and quarterly management reporting
- ensures that all HiiL’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation
- creates the HiiL budget for organisational and project purposes
- critically monitors, analyses, reviews and explains the budget versus actual variances for head office departments, projects and grants
- leads financial project administration for calculations, reporting and closure
- advises Project Management in managing grants and contracts
- ensures compliance with donor requirements and internal procedures
- uses tech tools and data to increase the added value of financial information
- deals with and advises on tax compliance in the countries in which HiiL operates
- acts as sparring partner for the Director of Shared Services
Our new colleague:
- has 6+ years of proven experience as a Financial Controller in an international environment
- holds a (Business)Accounting degree, CPA or equivalent (mandatory) and a master degree or certification in a related field (is a plus)
- has experience in a scaling and lean organisation
- understands the accounting structure of an NGO
- has experience with different (Europe based) donors
- understands financial and accounting principles (IFRS)
- has experience with AFAS (is an asset)
- is advanced in using Excel, creates sophisticated output for financial analysis
- possess excellent interpersonal skills, proactive and hands-on
- has a problem solving mindset
- is able to work under pressure
- can communicate with people from all levels and different nationalities
- shows strong leadership and has team building skills as well as a high level of ethics and integrity
- excellent English and Dutch and a good understanding of French is a strong asset
- experience in a non-profit environment is preferred
- flexibility, ability and willingness to travel to the areas where HiiL works, including potentially insecure environments
- an organisation with a culture in which motivation prevails; the work that we do is meaningful and contributes to changing people’s lives
- an environment that is bound to further improve your professional skills
- starting date: asap
- we offer a full-time position for the initial period of one year with the aim of building a long-term work relationship
- be part of a dynamic and international team
- being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our organisation
Are you the Financial Controller we need? Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter on latest 2 July 2020. Please click here to upload your CV and Motivation letter.