Fellows and Visiting Chairs
HiiL has occasional visiting fellows – top-level experts and academics who collaborate with us through research for a certain period. Such an arrangement depends on available funding and is organized on a project basis.
Previous fellows have been:
- Ronald Janse, who produced the "Rule of Law Guide for Politicians"
- Linn Hammergren, who produced "Justice Reform and Development"
- The late Patrick Glenn, who produced "Legal Traditions of the World"
- Fabrizio Caffagi and Andrea Renda, who produced "Measuring the Effectiveness of Transnational Private Regulation"
- Jan Smits, who produced "Private Law 2.0: on the Role of Private Actors in a Post-National Society"
- Deirdre Curtin, who worked on EU governance and accountability
For this, HiiL has been proud to partner with Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities and Social Sciences, the Gieskes Strijbis Foundation, and the University of Maastricht.